Dog Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The weather is heating up just in time for the State Fair, of course. I've never been to the fair when it wasn't blistering hot. Fortunately, the author's booth is in an air conditioned building. I hear we have an excellent location for the booth, right between Channel 10 news and Cinnabon. Cinnabon?!!! That aroma will drive me wild. Luckily, we're not allowed to eat in the booth or I'd end up looking like a Cinnabon by the last day of the Fair. I've been offered another shift this Saturday, four in all. It should be a busy day, since the Fair starts tomorrow. I hope so. I have a lot of books to sell.

I postponed Bubba's vet visit until next Wednesday. He's eating regularly again and seems to be in better spirits than he was, so I'm not as concerned as I was. He walked ME this morning, all the way down to the park, wanting to criss-cross the busy thoroughfare as we went. Our first basset, Butter, was like that. She never walked a straight line. She always wanted to cross the street to see if there were better things to sniff over there, which answers the age-old question, "Why did the basset cross the road?"

There was a cluster of wild daisies growing right beside the big bush at the park that Daisy loved to water (Bubba does, too). I picked one and pressed it in my journal. She's still giving me a daisy a day to remember her by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home