Dog Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bubba and I must have bonded while we were at Tahoe together. He's always been Daddy's boy, but since we came home he seems to want to be in my company more than before and is more loving toward me. He comes into my office often for attention the way Daisy used to. He also likes for me to take him places in the car, which he never cared much about before. I think it's probably because he always deferred to Daisy, who was definitely the alpha dog of the Wright pack. He probably also sensed that she was my special girl. He was used to letting her be top dog, and of course she was always so bossy and downright ugly to him whenever I put them in the car together. She'd bark and snarl at him while I was trying to load him in the car, and it was hard to make her stop. She always was our crazy Daisy and would have made a real test case for The Dog Whisperer. Now Bubba has the spotlight for the first time, and truthfully I think he glories in his new alpha status and our showering him with a double portion of affection. I'm still missing Daisy terribly, especially each morning, but it's high time our Bubba had some undivided attention. He's just come into my office for some affection, and he's going to get it. Bubba and I are signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home