Dog Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I called SVSS to find out about Daisy's ashes and why we didn't have them yet. We were told it would be two weeks, and it's been three weeks. The kid who answered the phone (vet tech) said he'd check to see if they had them yet. They didn't, so he said he'd check with the pet cemetery. He called me back to say it took longer because they had to send the box out for the engraving I requested to be done. Do people have to wait three weeks to get the remains of their loved ones back? I sure hope not. To make someone wait that long to close a painful chapter of one's life and try to move on, be it the loss of a human or a cherished pet, is cruel and insensitive. I kind of lost it and gave the poor kid a basset-sized piece of my mind about our whole miserable experience at this emergency clinic with our Daisy. Not his fault, I know. I think a strongly worded letter to the head of the money-grubbing corporation (doG Bless America) that has bought out most of the clinics in Sacramento will do more good. The kid on the phone probably just wrote me off as a crazy dog lady. Guilty as charged.

The weather's heating up again. I'll need to get outside early tomorrow morning if I want to work on Daisy's painting. And I do want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home