Dog Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bubba and I sat out in the garden under the full moon this evening. It was nice and cool out there. I tried to get him to howl at it the way I used to get him and Daisy to howl in chorus, but he wouldn't. I guess it's just not the same without his duet partner. They did make beautiful music together. I'm surprised he came out there with me at all, since he won't do so in the daytime when I'd like for him to keep me company. I really miss having Daisy out there with me and wish now I'd spent more time with her there than I did. I'm taking Bubba to the vet on Thursday for a checkup and to get his rabies booster. I'm worried about my boy. He doesn't eat very much and is looking very thin. I remember our cat, Tabby, went through this, too, after our first basset, Butter, died. Whoever says that animals don't feel human emotions is nuts! It's clear to me from seeing Bubba grieve for Daisy that they definitely do. In fact, he seems to be taking it harder than I am, if that's possible. If this keeps up I may have to relent and find him another buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home