Dog Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I had a fine time this evening meeting other local bloggers at the Sacramento Connect event at Revolution Wines down on P Street. Seemed like the perfect venue with another anniversary of the American Revolution approaching.  

The hors d'eovres were yummy and the wines enjoyable.  I met quite a few dog lovers there and had fun chatting with them and some of the other folks who attended.  I had an opportunity to talk to a lot of interesting writers and also some very nice staff members from the Sacramento Bee. Being a writer who lives in one's head much of the time can be pretty solitary, so it feels good to be connected with other writers who share their opinions on various matters via a Web log.  Some of us were having such a good time, we almost stayed 'til the last dog died.  On the way out attendees were gifted with a complimentary bottle of Revolution Zinfandel wine.   

It is great to be invited to connect with this online community by my home town newspaper.  I used to dream of writing for the Bee, and now I do, in a way.  I'm eager to participate in the growth of this new Bee venture that will lead more visitors to my Dog Blog.  Thanks, Sac Bee! 

There's a virtual wine tasting tomorrow night, but I don't know if I'll be able to find the wines they are planning to taste in time to participate.  If you have to Tweet to taste, I'm afraid that leaves me out, anyway. I may have to resign myself to becoming a "twit."  So far there's no law against drinking and tweeting, as long as you're not driving while doing both.  I think I'd have a terrible time abbreviating, though, or God forbid, misspelling words!  It's against a spelling bee winner's and English major's religion. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Nanny Goats In Panties said…

    Gosh, darn it. Another person I missed meeting last night. I tried to mingle, but failed to meet everyone. I hope we can meet at another place and time in the future.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said…

    It was nice to meet you too! (I'm the one with the greyhound). Hope we get to do this again sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home