BENEFUL PET FOOD POISONINGS!
If you are feeding your dog Purina brand Beneful dog food, STOP! Thousands of dogs have died after eating it. Dogs were sickened and vomiting, and some have been found dead. I'm sure the owners had no clue what was wrong, as was the case when two of my dogs were sickened years ago by Salmonella-tainted Waggin' Train chicken jerky.
Since the dogs eating Beneful were ingesting kibble that contained poisons like antifreeze, it's no wonder they were sickened. Antifreeze?!!! If you love your dog, don't feed him/her Purina brand. Since the greedy Nestle corporation took over Purina, it's not safe to feed to your pets. I personally avoid grocery store brands of pet food. The quality of feed is too often inferior, or in this case, deadly.
If there's anything more agonizingly boring than sitting all day long in a courthouse while serving jury duty, I'm hard pressed at the moment to think of it. For a dog lover who must be parted from her beloved, aging pets for as long as it takes to sit on a jury, it is cruel and unusual punishment.
When people choose to commit a crime, I wonder if they think about the law-abiding citizens who will be pressed into service to sit in judgment of them or about the time they will spend in the courtroom themselves and ultimately in prison, if convicted? To me, this should be the best crime deterrent there is. Just call these aberrant goons in for jury duty for a couple of weeks. That should make them go straight.
DOG KILLER CAUGHT!
Thanks to those who raised a substantial reward in pursuit of justice, police have arrested the sick, heartless bastard who burned a little dog alive inside a metal cage several weeks ago. I was horrified when I read the report in the Sacramento Bee. Pet lovers in Sacramento have been outraged by this cruel criminal act against a helpless, innocent little dog, but sadly it's not the first of its kind in our city, but definitely the worst of its kind that we know of.
The article stated that some residents in the area heard a commotion outside while this terrible abuse was in progress, but not one person bothered to check it out. Perhaps they were afraid, but if I heard a dog screaming, I'd be on it in a heartbeat, and I'd be armed with a baseball bat to knock that idiot senseless or do whatever it took to save that dog. It seems to me that some people these days have lost their souls, if they ever had one to begin with. Anyone who could do such an evil thing to any animal, let alone his own pet, which apparently this dog was, deserves to be punished to the full extent the law allows, and it should allow more in cases like this. I'm on call for jury duty next week. I hope to God I get picked for the jury that tries this creep. When he is convicted of extreme animal cruelty, may the punishment fit the crime.
I remember years ago in the movie, The Butterfly Effect, someone put a small dog in a sack and burned it alive. This was the first film I ever recall seeing that depicted such extreme animal cruelty. It made me sick. I stopped watching the film at that point, and the same goes for any other film that shows animals being abused. Nothing is sacred in films any more. In my day, the dog never died; well, except for Old Yeller, which left a whole generation of dog lovers like me traumatized for life. I have noticed animal cruelty occurs more often in films these days. Whether or not there is any link between these cruel acts shown in film and actual events like this one remains to be proved, but I strongly feel it's something Hollywood needs to put a stop to, especially when youngsters are watching these films.
AND YET ANOTHER RECALL!
February 11, 2015, the FDA announced that Pet International of Miami,
Florida, is recalling its Buster's Natural 6" Beef Trachea Pet Treat due
to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria. Salmonella in beef? I thought you got that from chicken. Weird.
PET FOOD RECALL ALERT!
Tainted dog food alerts just keep on coming. What the hell is the FDA doing? Nothing, apparently. The latest of these is Tuffy Brand Nutrisca dry food, which is potentially contaminated with Salmonella. There have been several recalls of raw food recently, which I'd never give my dog, anyway. Of course, there are two schools of thought on that subject. Mine is that raw meat isn't safe for us to eat, so why would it be safe for our pets? They are as susceptible to food poisoning as we are. I'm a Salmonella/E. coli survivor, and let me tell you, I'm lucky to still be here.
MORE TAINTED TREATS
Big Bark beef jerky chews are recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination.