Labels: I Hate Dog Parks
Monday, August 31, 2009
Labels: Spellcheck failure
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Your Petstore Pup
Cherish your new pet store pup -
Stand always by his side.
Mend his ills and give him hugs
and lots of fun car rides.
Feed him well and let him run
to build his body strong.
Play with him and give him treats.
Love him his whole life long.
You'll soon become his hero.
He will not ask you for much.
He'll trade his lifelong loyalty
for your kind word and touch.
Count him among your blessings,
as you are his blessing, too,
but then please do just one thing more,
When every day is through.
Take time to look into his eyes
each night you tuck him in.
I bet you'll see reflected there,
two other pups like him.
They've never had a family,
soft bed, good food, or fun.
They live life out in a wire box -
and never get to run.
They suffer searing heat at times,
at others freezing cold,
as weeks and months and years drag by
While they are growing old.
So think about his mom and dad
who shine there through his eyes,
and remember all the mill dogs
who are paying with their lives.
If they had ever had a chance,
they'd have grown up like him, too,
with years of love to give and get
before their lives were through.
You'll never see them face to face -
Such miracles are rare -
But pray for your pup's mom and dad,
'cause someone ought to care...
Labels: WHY RESCUE?
Friday, August 21, 2009
Labels: Dog Park Peaches
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Labels: What about the dogs?
Sunday, August 16, 2009
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You, too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me, please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to be thankful for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without our critters.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Labels: Les Paul dies at 94
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Labels: When Butter Was a Pup