Dog Blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

It wasn't quite as hot out today. Autumn is not yet in the air but will be soon, I hope. It's my favorite time of year. Oktoberfest, Apple Hill, the riotous colors in the foothills. Hard to believe that it's September already. The summer passed so quickly and unfortunately won't be remembered as a particularly happy one for me.

We took Bubba to the park, and he was dashing around like a pup. It's hard to tell he's eleven (as far as we can tell, not knowing his birthdate). He seemed so happy that we were both there with him. He was so full of life. I couldn't help thinking of when Daisy was with us, too, and how they'd both chase full speed across the field, ears flying behind them. Such joyful times they had together. Like childhood summers, I'd give anything to have those happy dog days with Daisy back again. I often think of Cher's song, "If I could turn back time, I'd give it all to you."

Had some bad news today, though. My cousin in Texas died around 2:30 this afternoon from a brain tumor, and a good friend was also diagnosed with what may be cancer. What's with all this cancer, anyway? It's all around me. Family and friends are succumbing to this devastating disease, and I'm beginning to feel like I'm dodging bullets. Even our dogs are dying. One thing is certain: Something is very wrong with the world we live in, and we've caused it. Time to clean up our act and cherish our home to make it safe and peaceful for humanity. What we do to the earth we do to ourselves and those we love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home