Dog Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

MARCH PETS & THEIR PEOPLE


My latest column is about Paws & The Palette, a charming pet bakery in Midtown Sacramento. Stores like this are what make Midtown so charming and the go-to place for merchandise you won't find at a mall. The owner, Lisa Spurney and her beloved basset hound, Ladybug, are featured.  

Years ago, when my first novel was published, Lisa's mom, Jo Wardle, hosted a book signing at what was then Bogy's Barkery.  My dear old buddy, Bubba Gump, accompanied me.  As always, he was the perfect PR pup, and a photographer took some great shots of him.  Those were the glory days with my Bubba.

Lisa has carried on the dog bakery biz along with sundry pet supplies, gifts and pet art.  She kindly hosted a book signing/art show for me during the holidays.  Copies of "Braced for Murder" and my pet artwork (pastels) will be for sale in her store until the end of March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home