Dog Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Painting Where the Wild Things Are

I found out this morning that my artwork has been accepted in "Painting Where the Wild Things Are,"the 3rd Annual Art Show benefiting Effie Yeaw Nature Center on May 8-26, 2012. This delightful event is a themed open exhibit featuring images of the American River Parkway and the wild things that live there, and I'm honored to be included as an exhibitor in this show.  I treasure our American River Parkway and feel fortunate to live so close to this incredible nature preserve amid a metropolis.  I encourage you to attend and bid generously on the art.  The parkway needs our support--and protection!


I painted a pastel of "Luna," the beautiful barn owl that was the Effie Yeaw mascot for 14 years.  Luna was rescued as a nestling, but her injuries prevented her from being released back into the wild.  She lived at the center for the rest of her life as an animal teacher for visitors young and old.  I met this amazing animal at last year's gala held at the nature area and was inspired to paint her portrait.  Afterward, I found out that she died a few months later.  


The center has a new owl professor now, but Luna is not forgotten.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home