Dog Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I had a fun time tonight at the Sacramento Connect holiday party, hosted at The Fox & Goose Pub.  As a writer who doesn't get out that much to socialize with others who also write, what a breath of fresh air this evening was.  I got to talk to lots of interesting people and Bee staff and a few pet lovers. Sadly, I didn't get to finish my interesting conversation with the other basset owner there.  We're a rare breed.


The fare was great!  Especially the sausage rolls.  My English mum-in-law used to make them around the holidays, and these tasted just like hers.  To die for!  Lisa very nicely ordered another round of those for the group, hot and fresh from the F&G kitchen.


After the party, my friend, Jennifer, and I adjourned to the other part of the pub where a band was playing some bluegrass music.  My former guitar teacher from the Fifth String, Steve Mclean was one of the performers in the group.  Good company, good food, a little libation, and some lively music.  What could be better at the holidays, or any time for that matter?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home