Dog Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

IT'S BEAU'S SECOND GOTCHA DAY!


Today marks Beau's second year with us.  It hardly seems like that much time has passed.  I'm so happy I found his photo posted online at Pet Harbor, which led me on a long and winding road down to Stockton's animal shelter, where I first laid eyes on that incredibly happy face peering at me through the chain link pet prison fence.  I'd been chosen!  Who could ever have overlooked this happy fellow?  But many did, including his owner who wouldn't post his bail from dog jail.  I'm so, so glad I did.  He's been such a wonderful part of our lives these two years.  He fills my life with so much joy.  He makes me laugh every day, and if there's one thing we can all use more of in our lives right now, it's laughter.   


I gave him some special treats today for his Gotcha Day and a nice, long walk around the park with Peaches.  He found a canine friend at the dog park he took quite a fancy to, but we had to leave when he repeatedly tried to mount him.  (Don't wag, don't tell.)  Beau wanted to go back inside the dog park, but I thought the Golden Retriever had probably had enough of his amorous antics.  On the way back to the car, he did his trademark "slider" in the soft grass and then rolled on his back delighting in the crisp, fall morning.  I'm sure I read Beau's thoughts, "Ah, this is the good life!"  And it is.  For all of us.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home