Dog Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

BUBBA GUMP  1995 (Gotcha Day 11/27/97) - 03/20/09



It is with heavy, aching heart that I must inform you our beloved Bubba, my best friend and literary muse, crossed over Rainbow Bridge today at 1:30 p.m.  It is some consolation to know he is no longer in pain and to remember that he lived a full and happy 14 years as King of his castle, which is far longer than he would have had if I had not rescued him on his last day at the Sacramento County pound the day before Thanksgiving in 1997.  We'll always be thankful he came to stay with us for so long and gave his fullest measure of love to his mom and especially his dad, who he bonded with most strongly.    

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger howzerdo said…

    I'm so sorry. What a beautiful hound. It was clear from your writing and pictures what a special dog he was and how much he was loved. I had a dog (beagle / collie mix) who was born at the shelter the same year as your Bubba was born. Sadly, he died from cancer in 2005. It was quite a shock to lose him at age 10, when he was the picture of health only a few months before. I also have his companion, a Basset Hound who I rescued from the shelter. She is now 10 years old. I hope she lives as long as Bubba did, although even 14 years can never be enough :-(.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home