Dog Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

On re-reading earlier posts about the fearful little dog who did a crab walk in every new situation because she was still traumatized and perhaps unsocialized from her life before coming to us, I realized that Peaches no longer crab walks.  Rather, she struts confidently down the street and is not afraid to approach strangers or other dogs, as she was for a long time after I adopted her.  It makes me happy that she is so happy in her home and comfortable in her surroundings, as you can see from this photo of our newest in a succession of Sofa Queens.  She's a much different dog than she was when I first saw her at the shelter in December 2006.  I'll always be glad I found her.  We have enriched each other's lives immeasurably.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home