Dog Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013


A few words of caution: While you're busy baking all those yummy chocolate goodies for Christmas, remember that chocolate is toxic to dogs.  Most dangerous is baking chocolate, which has the highest concentration of caffeine and theobromine.  If your dogs are anything like mine, efficient Dyson vacuums for any morsel that could remotely be considered food, be extra vigilant during the holidays.  Be aware of the symptoms of chocolate poisoning: panting, hyperactivity, and increased heart rate.  Of course, if your dog is normally hyperactive, it might be harder to tell if the cause is from ingesting chocolate.  

Also, skip "treating" your dog to those rich, fatty table scraps at Christmas dinner or you can expect to spend Christmas night at the emergency clinic to get your dog treated for pancreatitis. That's no treat for anyone!


Post a Comment

<< Home