Dog Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

IN MEMORY OF DOLLY



A great big piece of my heart went with a beautiful little red basset hound named Dolly this day in 1995. I lost her to complications of a disease no one knew much about back then, Thrombopathia, a spontaneous bleeding disorder like hemophilia in humans.  I never saw a vet cry before that day or since.  Everyone there was crying.  He tried so valiantly to save her, but she slipped away bit by bit despite everything that could be done.  I saw the light go out in her beautiful cinnamon eyes like switching off a bright light in a room. From then on I knew dogs have souls.  I lost her at 4:00 p.m., and that evening I saw one of the brightest sunsets I'd ever seen.  It was the brilliant red color of her coat.  I like to think she sent it as a blessing.  Since then, I have called them "Dolly" sunsets.  I have never forgotten you, my beloved little Doll, and I never will.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home