Dog Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

MAXWELL AWARD NOMINEE!


I'm very pleased to announce that Pets & Their People, which appears each month in Sacramento's Inside Publications, has been nominated for the Maxwell Award by the Dog Writers' Association of America in the newspaper column category #2.  This is my 10th nomination since 2001 for this prestigious national award to the best writing on the subject of dogs.  I think of it as the Puppy Pulitzer Prize.

The awards ceremony will be held in New York City on February 10, 2013, right across the street from the Westminster Dog Show at Madison Square Garden.  If I can grow a fur coat by then, I might consider going again, but it's so doggoned cold there that time of year. I nearly froze to death in 2004. I'm thinking about it, though. Just once I'd like to be present when they call out my name for an award.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home