Dog Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MORE BLOOD WORK



Peaches went for more blood work this morning to check the calcium level in her blood.  I'm told this test will determine whether she has something other than what I'm pretty sure it is: Multiple Myeloma.   What an ugly sounding disease, and I have no doubt it is going to be for my Peaches.  That's what was mentioned on our first visit, though I was hoping it might be anything other than that.  


I've been reading up on it.  If it's not too late in the progression of the disease for chemotherapy to be effective, she could get two more years of life; hopefully, a good quality of life and not just gradual deterioration.  I am hoping we get to go to Lake Tahoe one more time together.  Whatever would Beau and I do without her?


First thing this morning I found her lying out on the lawn again, to soothe her stomach on the cool grass, I imagine.  I didn't want to give her anything that might compromise the blood test and cause us to have to repeat it.  She hates going to the vet so much.  I gave her the Tramadol and Rimadyl as soon as we got home.  


For some time now I have had this sense of impending doom, a feeling that something awful was about to befall me.  Guess I was right.  I just wish it hadn't had to happen to my beautiful little Peaches.  My pretty Peach Fuzz, Peach Pie, Peach Cobbler.  Damn these dog days of summer!  It's not the first time this season been disastrous for my dogs.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home