Dog Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

POISON JERKY TREATS!!!



WARNING!!!  Beware of giving your dog chicken jerky treats, either strips or chunks.  Nearly 1,000 dogs have been sickened by them since November.  Avoid these brands:  Waggin’ Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brands produced by Nestle Purina PetCare Co., and Milo’s Kitchen Home-style Dog Treats, produced by the Del Monte Corp.  


Note: At one time we were giving our previous bassets, Daisy and Bubba, Waggin' Train treats bought at Costco.  After both dogs exhibited some signs of illness, we put two and two together and stopped buying the treats for them, before any damage was done to our dogs, fortunately.  


Nasty chicken from badly run, abusive poultry farms is making people and their dogs deathly ill.  Why does this continue to occur in America?  I guess a better question would be: What greedy corporation is profiting from poisoning us and our pets?  


I myself nearly died from salmonella and e. coli in the early 90s after eating cubes of cold rice in sushi that had been cut with a contaminated knife.  The bacteria got into my lungs, causing bacterial pneumonia.  I hope I am never that sick again and consider myself lucky to have survived.  It wasn't pretty, was very painful, and it took me a year and a half to fully recuperate.  The only good news was that I lost 25 pounds, but I looked like death.  I missed so much work during the illness I was demoted at my job. All of which is a very good reason you won't ever again see me eating sushi.  Raw fish is for seals or other fish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home