Dog Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

At our local parks there's a much worse problem than people who don't pick up after their dogs. It's people who don't pick up after their kids.  This morning when I took Peaches and Beau to my neighborhood park, the place resembled a landfill with trash scattered everywhere, often within a few feet of a trash can.  This is what I see every Monday morning after the weekend's soccer or ball games at our local park.  

Our parks are taking enough hits lately with cutbacks.  Someone actually came into our park and removed the brass bowls from the water fountains, even in the dog park.   Let's don't add to these problems.  We are lucky to have parks to take our families and pets to.  My fondest childhood memories are of picnicking with my parents at William Land Park, but in those days there was still some civility and people were taught it was their responsibility to pick up after themselves and leave things nice for other park-goers.  

No one likes to stroll in the park on a beautiful spring morning through a field littered with discarded bottles, soda cans, food wrappers and all the rest of the crap people have left behind when leaving the park.  One time I caught Beau before he scarfed down a whole Mexican meal someone left behind. Trust me when I tell you that my gassy basset and burritos don't mix.

PLEASE DON'T TRASH OUR PARKS!    

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home