Dog Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Bubba's dad is back from visiting his family in the Northwest. He has been clinging to my husband like lint on a lollipop since he returned yesterday. Bubba's definitely Daddy's boy, although he and I did bond some in his absence. I feel outnumbered with two guys and only one girl in the household now. Things seemed more balanced when I had my Daisy around. I still miss my garden girl a lot when I'm sitting out front reading or painting. She was so much a part of that. I bought Bubba a McDonald's sausage biscuit on Saturday, like I used to do for both of them when Daisy was with us. They always seemed to know when it was Saturday and that it was McDonald's Day. Bubba was starting to come out into the garden with me toward the end of the week, but somehow I felt it was because he was still searching for Daisy. He sits on her chaise mat and I brush him, which he enjoys, but as soon as I stop, he gets off the mat and lies down on the concrete looking mopey. Wish I could read his mind.

I planted the daisy seeds my sister-in-law sent me after Daisy died. I do not have a green thumb, as she does, but I'm watering them a little daily in the hope that they'll emerge and brighten my little garden. It may be rather late in the season, though. I probably should have saved them until spring. Oh, well. Que sera sera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home