Dog Blog

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

PETS & THEIR PEOPLE COLUMN, MAY 2014


                                          "Mandy Naps"

Here's my pastel painting that inspired me to write the May column for Inside Publications, "Best Seat in the House." I was very happy with how this painting turned out because I hadn't been painting in the medium that long when I did it. Unfortunately, the art didn't accompany the article because apparently the resolution wasn't quite right for printing in the magazine. Chihuahua fanciers will love the graphic that was used, instead. 

The original painting is with Mandy's owner in Texas. Mandy is napping peacefully in Heaven now, but she looks like she's already there in this painting. Bassets are absolutely the best sofa and chair warmers, and they always have had the best seat in our house.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home