Dog Blog

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Our Daisy was diagnosed with cancer the day after Thanksgiving. The tumor measured 6 inches across and was inoperable because it is in too close a proximity to two major arteries. Too late for chemo, too. She's on Prednisone, and I'm giving her some holistic treatments. I want to prolong her life for as long as possible, just as long as she is in no pain. She seems to be holding her own thus far, although she gave me a scare today. She seemed terribly lethargic and unresponsive to the point where I feared the end was near. Then I picked up Bubba's leash and collar to take him for his walk. Suddenly, she was up like a flash, barking and jumping around, wagging her tail and begging to go along. I haven't seen that much life in her for days. I hadn't been walking her since she had a severe reaction to a pain medication, which put her out of commission for the better part of a week. I guess she has just been missing her daily walks. How can you tell when a basset hound is depressed? Today I found out. She's been a different dog all afternoon since our drive to the park. I was so happy to see her enjoying herself outside with Bubba. She had a smile on her face and looked at me as if saying, "Thanks, Mom. You finally figured out what was wrong."

I also found out today that my second mystery, "Sirius About Murder" will be released on January 11, nine days ahead of schedule. I was kind of hoping it might be released on my birthday, which was yesterday. That's what is listed on Five Star's catalog. It would have been very appropriate, since January 2 is the day that Sirius, the Dog Star in the constellation Canis Major, begins its progression in the night sky as viewed in the northern hemisphere. My guiding light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home